Hours are Monday-Thursday 10am to 8pm. Fridays and Saturdays are between 10am and 5pm. Items are coming from most libraries in CT at this point if you request them for delivery to Acton. Please read the emails generated by our library system that will give you an update on your holds.
Curbside Service began on May 26, 2020. After consulting with the health department and the town officials, we have come up with the following plan to provide you with curbside service. Please be patient as we figure out the best way to get you your items while keeping you and the library staff safe!
Below is information on requesting, pickup, and book drops.
- Slots must be scheduled and confirmed with a staff member that items are ready and available for you. We are also offering Tuesday and Thursday evening slots.
- Requests of books, movies, audio-books, and music CD’s may be made beginning at 10am daily. If requests are made too late in the day, they may not be fulfilled until the next business day.
- Please limit your requests to once a week in the beginning.
- These slots are day long. You can schedule a day and you are able to pickup your items anytime between opening and closing of the library that day.
- Requests will be accepted through phone at 860.395.3184 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may leave a message and a staff member will return your call or email to confirm your time slot.
- Be aware that staff will not be in the building on Sunday so your request will not be acted upon until Monday.
- Items will be placed at the front entryway. Please look for the bag with your name on it.
- Please keep our staff healthy and wear a mask when picking up! If you do not feel well, please reschedule your pickup for when you do feel better.
- Both book drops are open
- If returning items please make sure the area is clear of other patrons
- Please only return library items
- Do not put donations in the slot, we are not currently taking them at this time